- ► 2011 (91)
- The Fall of Higher Education?
- Happy Birthday!
- Does Your Doctrine Scare You?
- What Pretty Roses
- Friedman on Greed
- The Meaning of Life
- McLaren Opens Up
- The New Human Right
- The Spoils
- The Limits of Authority
- When Equality Goes Bad
- Free the Dragons
- Placebo Praise
- Are You a Better Logician?
- Everything is Socially Constructed
- The Worst Person in the World
- The Other Wilson on Training Dragons
- A New Era Begins...
- When Taxes Become Theft
- Morning Has Broken!
- The Death of Education
- Clean Up Your Own Yard First
- Arrested Development
- When Preaching the Gospel Becomes a Backrub
- Recapturing "Social Justice"
- They Don't Actually Believe It
- So Close!
- Confusing Ends and Means
- And We Have a Winner!
- Good Friday
- Through Another's Eyes
- The Tide Turns
- ▼ Apr 2010 (33)
- ► 2009 (235)
- ► 2008 (116)
Friday, April 02, 2010
Picture yourself tied to a tree,- taken from a B.C. 1996 Palm Sunday comic strip
condemned of the sins of eternity.
Then picture a spear, parting the air,
seeking your heart to cut your despair.
Suddenly—a knight, in armor of white,
stands in the gap betwixt you and its flight,
And shedding his 'armor of God' for you—
bears the lance that runs him through.
His heart has been pierced that yours may beat,
and the blood of his corpse washes your feet.
Picture yourself in raiment white,
cleansed by the blood of the lifeless knight.
Never to mourn,
the prince who was downed,
For he is not lost! It is you who are found.